This summer, your garden shouldn’t be the only thing that’s growing. It’s a season packed full of new experiences, sensations, and sensational opportunities to live your best life as your best self.
That’s why Glance is serving up the cocktail you need to drink deeply from the cup of life, and maybe even change how you see the world around you.
It’s one part culture and one part creativity. A shot of thoughtfulness and a generous splash of inspiration. Served (on ice!) on the fast, fluid mobile payments app you know and love, with a delightful side of rewards.
So feed your mind, feed your curiosity, and feed your belly while your at it. Here’s where to live life in the Glance lane this July.
Indian Summer Festival 2018
Worlds will meet yet again in Vancouver from July 5th to 15th, as Indian Summer Festival returns for its eighth year. Venues around Vancouver and Burnaby are joining forces to celebrate all facets of South Asian culture. From novelists to visionaries, oral storytellers to acclaimed musicians, the festival brings together more than 150 artists over the course of 31 events.
In a city where these roots run deep, don’t keep your cultural exploration confined to the festival program. Indian delicacies abound in famous restaurants and hidden gems across Vancouver, and many of them are on the Glance Pay network.
- Mumbai Masala in North Vancouver is known for its fresh naan and the care it puts in your dining experience.
- Indian Bay Leaf in Riley Park is famous for its Hyderabad Biryani and Indochinese fusion.
- Ananda Bhavan in Kensington boasts 20 kinds of dosas and a philosophy that focuses on fresh ingredients and sumptuous flavours.
- Handi Cuisine of India on Dunbar Street brings three generations of culinary experience literally to the table with dishes worthy of the restaurant’s namesake: the clay pots that first gave Indian cuisine its deeply spiced flavours through long hours of simmering.
You can also enjoy the Glance advantage at Satya Paul’s Surrey location. India’s premier design label, Satya Paul is known for its vivid colours and an ingenuity that has been changing the way the world sees Indian fashion since 1985.
Never fear, Toronto Glancers: there is lots of excitement on the menu in your city too. Summerlicious is about to kick off, back again for its 16th year celebrating the city’s massive array of delectable and diverse dining venues.
Running from July 6th to 22nd, Summerlicious is the summertime incarnation of a city-run promotion that this month will see more than 200 restaurants offer prix-fixe menu options for lunch and dinner. It’s part of an effort to make culinary exploration more accessible and affordable for people across the city, with lunch menus ranging from $23 to $33 and dinner beginning at $33. And it’s worked too: since it began in 2003, participating restaurants have served more than 7 million meals, generating more than $300 million for the local restaurant industry.
For those wanting a taste of Summerlicious, some of Glance’s finest Toronto kitchens are participating this year, making it a little easier to pick your top Summerlicious destinations.
- Carens Rosedale, with its Parisian influence, top-notch wine list, and intimate atmosphere.
- Figures in Yorkville, a refined and eclectic resto-lounge where cocktails and nostalgia are also on the menu.
- At Nord Bistro in the Annex you can taste French and contemporary influences coming together for charming bistro fare with a flair for seafood.
- Bodega, for 40 years a fixture of Baldwin Village, where you can enjoy fine French- and Mediterranean-inspired cuisine on one of the finest patios in the city.
Get Glance, Get Going
What could be better than having a world of thoughts and flavours brought to your doorstep, of hundreds of palettes and plates on prix-fixe menus that don’t break the bank? Getting all of it faster and easier with Glance Pay mobile payments, of course.
So don’t wait to download Glance Pay today. We’ll even sweeten the deal: when you download the Glance Pay app you’ll get $5 OFF your first AND second in-app purchases.